Antique 1906 San Francisco Earthquake Tent Camp Family Cabinet Card Photograph
Antique cabinet card of a family at a campsite near San Francisco, California. Most likely in the Presidio camp for those displaced by the earthquake of 1906. Endless rows of tents can be seen fading into the background. Full names of family from left to right: Francis "Frank" Eugene Kendall, Roy Kendall, Emma (Hotop) Kendall, George Howard Gardener, Pearl Irene Gardener, George Warren Gardner, Bertha Anna (Hotop) Gardner. I did some research on this to get the names right.
Hallmarks: Reverse side is inscribed Family Camp Out circa 1900. " Faint inscription below reads "From left to right: Grandfather Kendall, Grandmother Kendall, Howard Gardner, Pearl Gardner, George Gardner, Bertha Gardner. Dimensions: Card Height 7" x Width 9".
Condition: Wear and creases to corners. This item is in the category "Collectibles\Photographic Images\Photographs".
The seller is "rareheir" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Year of Production: 1906
- Unit of Sale: Single Piece
- Antique: Yes
- Image Orientation: Landscape
- Size: 7 x 9 in
- Custom Bundle: No
- Image Color: Black & White
- Material: Cardboard, Paper
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Framing: Unframed
- Subject: Children & Infants, Men, San Francisco, Women
- Type: Photograph
- Format: Cabinet Card
- Theme: Americana, Cities & Towns, Community Life, Disasters, Domestic & Family Life, Famous Places, History, Portrait, Western
- Features: One of a Kind (OOAK)
- Time Period Manufactured: 1900-1924
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
- Finish: Matte